2020 701 Supermoto
Vendor: New Husqvarna
The lightweight trellis frame is made of high-grade chromium-molybdenum steel and developed to ensure precise handling and instil complete confidence. Detailed feedback is transmitted to the rider thanks to precisely calculated torsional rigidity and longitudinal flex.
Polyamide rear subframe and tank
The self-supporting rear subframe with integrated 13 litre fuel tank is perfectly positioned for the best possible weight distribution. Produced in a thermoplastic rotational moulding process, the single-piece construction weighs only 5.2 kg and is made of high-strength polyamide.
WP suspension (front)
The WP APEX split fork has 215 mm wheel travel, and features improved damping and an easier setup than traditional forks thanks to the separate damping circuits in the fork legs. The left leg is dedicated to compression damping, while the right fork leg is for rebound damping.
WP suspension (rear)
The fully adjustable WP APEX rear shock absorber features rebound damping adjustment as well as a high and low compression damping adjustment. The 250 mm rear wheel travel guarantees perfect control in every condition, be it on tight and twisty mountain roads or in crowded city centres.
The single overhead camshaft, liquid cooled, single cylinder engine features the latest in design and electronic technology. An outstanding maximum power output of 55 kW (74 hp) at 8,000 rpm and torque of 71 Nm at 6,750 rpm leave the rider in no doubt of the performance packed inside this lightweight unit.
The compact design of the single overhead camshaft, 4-valve cylinder head features 42 mm intake valves and 34 mm exhaust valves actuated by a robust rocker arm system which delivers precise valve timing at high engine speeds. Ignition is via a dual spark plug layout, each of which has an individual ignition timing control for optimal fuel combustion in the large bore combustion chamber.
The Keihin electronic fuel injection system features a 50 mm throttle body with no mechanical linkage to the throttle grip. As the rider twists the throttle open or closed, the throttle valve is electronically controlled by the engine management system (EMS). The EMS continuously compares engine parameters with data from sensors, and adjusts the throttle valve accordingly, resulting in perfect power delivery and throttle response.
The lightweight 6-speed gearbox features an Easy Shift function allowing gears to be seamlessly shifted up or down without using the clutch. The system uses two sensors, one sensor is on the shift arm, which detects the movement on the shift lever rod when the rider upshifts. As the second sensor detects the gear engagement, it matches engine parameters to allow a simple gear change at any RPM or engine load.
Black anodised Giant tubeless spoked wheels are lightweight and strong. The 17" wheels are shod with Continental ContiAttack Supermoto 120/70 and 160/60 tyres front and rear respectively for extraordinarily light handling and exceptional control at all lean angles.
With a handlebar switch, the power characteristic of the engine can easily be adjusted on the fly through two unique ride modes. Mode 1 offers a sporty throttle response and cornering sensitve traction control, keeping wheel slip and wheelies to a minimum for optimal street riding performance. Mode 2 provides a more aggressive throttle response with reduced traction control, to allow drifts and full control of the slide, aimed at track or unconditional street usage.
The lean-angle sensitive traction control system monitors rear wheel speed and reacts immediately (within milliseconds) if the rotational speed of the rear wheel is disproportionate to the riding situation. The system works by reducing the engine output with a smooth and barely perceivable intervention at the throttle valve, until the system has reduced slippage to an optimum level for the selected ride mode and current lean angle. For riders looking for the full control of their motorcycle, the traction control can also be switched off.
Amazing stopping power and control are available at the rider's demand thanks to the radially mounted 4 piston Brembo calliper and floating disc at the front, and the single piston calliper, floating disc at the rear (320 and 240 mm diameters respectively). The latest corner sensitive ABS technology from Bosch guarantees maximum safety and total confidence and can be fully disengaged for more advanced riders.
Innovative bodywork featuring a long seat that reaches over the radiator shrouds to improve grip in all conditions. Tightly wrapped around the engine and frame, the 701's bodywork is ergonomically designed to connect the rider's body to the motorcycle ensuring perfect harmony between man and machine while allowing for total control in all riding situations.
CNC-machined triple clamps
The anodised CNC-machined triple clamps are designed for high performance Supermoto needs. Stylishly crafted and engineered with a precise flex, they transmit detailed feedback on the behaviour of the front end to the rider.
The APTC (Adler Power Torque Clutch) from Adler allows for greater speeds going into and coming out of corners by maximising rear wheel grip under hard acceleration as well as preventing rear wheel instability and hopping when braking hard into the apex of a turn. The rider thus enjoys maximum control and perfect down-shifting.
- Displacement 692.7 cm³
- Power in KW 55 kW
- Design 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- Bore 105 mm
- Stroke 80 mm
- Starter Electric starter
- Lubrication Forced oil lubrication with 2 oil pumps
- Transmission 6-speed
- Cooling Liquid cooled
- Clutch APTC(TM) slipper clutch, hydraulically actuated
- EMS Keihin EMS with RBW, twin ignition
- Frame design Chromium-Molybdenum steel trellis frame, powder coated
- Front suspension WP APEX 48
- Rear suspension WP APEX with Pro-Lever linkage
- Suspension travel (front) 215 mm
- Suspension travel (rear) 240 mm
- Front brake Brembo four-piston radial fixed calliper, brake disc
- Rear brake Brembo single-piston floating calliper, brake disc
- Front brake disc diameter 320 mm
- Rear brake disc diameter 240 mm
- ABS Two-channel Bosch 9.1 MP ABS (incl. Cornering ABS and Supermoto mode Disengegable)
- Steering head angle 63.6 °
- Ground clearance 238 mm
- Seat height 890 mm
- Tank capacity (approx.) 13 l
- Weight without fuel 147 kg
Sydney’s most trusted NEW KAWASAKI, HUSQVARNA, SUZUKI & all used motorcycles Dealership located in the Hills district.
CALL US NOW!!! 02- 9899-2333
- Free 500KM Safety check with all new road bikes purchased from us (valued at $99)
- For additional piece of mind, we also have extended warranty programs & 24/7 Road side assistance available for all of our road registered motorcycles as well as no fuss pre-approval Finance Packages and Savings on Insurance.
- Full Workshop facilities. Big Range of Accessories & Genuine parts.
- We pay fair prices for used motorcycles & we will trade in your bike and car!
- Call us now for a great deal! Click on contact detail /02 9899 2333 Phone at the bottom of this add.
- Contact our staff for the answers to all your questions regarding your bike purchase, we will give you the best service & the best price in NSW give us a chance to earn your business you will not be disappointed.
- Kawasaki Ichiban BEST NEW DEALER.
- Kawasaki ELITE STATE DEALERSHIP WINNER.